View Single Post
Old 2013-06-02, 22:27   Link #3626
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Well, it all depends really.

Let's use the #1 Level 5 for example. Now, his AIM Field is short, but things which he touches are effected by his abilities; thus the reason he has range. Now, put into account that the AIM of this OC in particular; you'd have to think if this person in particular can freeze things that they touch or within a certain area of effect. Putting it like that, we can safely say that they would be one of those people who you wouldn't want to touch in CQC since they would freeze all the moisture in the body the moment they touch someone. That = good game, which also means that she is mostly untouchable.

Now let's put this person up against a Level 5. Accelerator is the bigger untouchable monster here. Kakine would more than likely would be largely the same as he would most likely use DM to coat his body in something that goes against normal laws and thus be unaffected by it. Mikoto? She'd conduct enough electricity to thaw out of it; though the numbness would still remain but would still largely be capable of dealing with this person from both a distance or at close range. Mugino wouldn't let anyone get close enough to touch her with her Meltdowner; plus the name speaks volumes on how bad that much up would be. Misaki, well, she has lots of pawns and would most likely take control over this OC if her mental defenses aren't up to par; even then she most likely wouldn't be in the center of the conflict anyways. Gunha, from what I've seen, is a CQC monster that would ruin anyone's day; regardless of who they were or what the power is.

So, all that being said, I'd come to say that it would be a no in terms of this person being a Level 5. I do however, think this OC would make a very powerful Level 4 easily. But, again, I would need more details in terms of precisely what this person could do.
I see your point when it comes to range. Projectile attacks that can make it through any walls or shields of ice would probably rend the OC to pieces, regardless of his range. I think I've got a better idea as to his level; thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Teleporters are rare from what I understand. And I'd say that if the mentioned factors were capable of another Teleporter than they would reach Level 5 status. The problem with that is that the 11th dimension is so complex that the scientists don't really wanna mess with it. In addition, the reason behind Awaki being a candidate for being a Level 5 was due to the fact that she didn't need to touch the object she wished to teleport. As for that person being the #1 Level 5 Esper in the city....well, that I don't know about that.
I have several theories on a high leveled teleporter, and the only conclusion I can come to is that range and limits mean everything to keep them from being absolutely uber. With the exception of dealing with Accelerator or Sogiita, if one didn't have limits on range, they'd be able to teleport anywhere, split anything by teleporting objects into other objects, and just teleport most opponents a couple hundred feet in the air to let them fall to their deaths or just stick them six feet under. Literally. If you add rarity, range, and psychological limitations, their danger level drops significantly, at least, but I imagine just one difficult teleport-type esper could cause some trouble. After all, since the 11-dimensional theories are so sensitive and are on par with a college level student (according to Uiharu), wouldn't stopping a teleporting esper be a bit difficult?

Well, that's just speculation. Considering the fact that only Musujime Awaki has been mentioned as a teleporter capable of being level 5, wouldn't that mean, out of the fifty teleporters in Academy City, she's the only one with that level of teleportation?

Assuming, of course, #6 isn't a teleporter; which is looking more and more unlikely...
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote