View Single Post
Old 2011-04-04, 20:36   Link #247
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Chunibyou is 'Disease you get when you are in 2nd year of middle school', which is a word invented from 2ch. Symptoms are 'role playing', 'over-exaggerating importance of privacy', 'wanting to be superhero', 'Using ancient language' etc...

So, he is not delusional, nor confused. Just playing himself.
That description was from the japanese wikipedia? It was quite confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiNoKen View Post
The best way to describe that Okabe is consistently role playing and acting. He thinks it is cool being like that, otherwise he is smart and intuitive.

Chunibyo refers to funny and eccentric behavior of teenagers.

There is another chunibyo character in S;G, but since I have not watched the video, so I do not know has she appeared yet.
Nah, it is what it is, there's no real point how each one of us calls/tags it We'll see during the next six months how it ties in the plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Last I checked, the "CR professionals" are Quarkboy, who posts on these forums and is always willing to politely discuss the reasons behind his translation decisions.
There is not really much to discuss, they prefer a style that favours younger, casual viewers, not late night shows... from their PoV it makes sense there are more money to be made there. Plus last time we tried to discuss something similar all relevant posts got deleted as OT...
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote