View Single Post
Old 2011-04-14, 18:21   Link #56
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Right now, they're probably even my favorite anime studio.
I ...

*hugs*

From the bottom of my heart, Good Luck
Quote:
SHAFT is an anime studio willing to go against convention, and to do bold and challenging projects.
well...

I don't think they really go so much for the ''bold and challenging'' as much as they go for the weird and what has the potential to be wacky.

Thats not to say they don't attempt to be revolutionary. But tbh, the challenging aspect steams from them trying to coordinate and keeping the production of shows they produce even when they lack the capacity to do so lol
Quote:
With SHAFT, you almost have to take the good with the bad, I think. For example, their often glorious architectural background displays can't be cheap to produce. So blowing budget on that in the early going (in Bakemonogatari and Madoka Magica) likely results in them having a harder time budgeting for later episodes.
Thats a given with this studio, but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable, or even logical, to have a studio that's small in staff take on 20 projects at a time!

I mean, the backgrounds, budgets and whatnot aren't really the reason you have disasters like the infamous episode in Tsukuyomi, Hidamari Sketch, and Bakemonogatari for example. Those steamed from problems in scheduling, lack of resources etc.

I don't know, if my studio can't really handle multipliable projects at one time and is unable to successfully outsource work correctly in an effective manner, I wouldn't try to get so much work then. Cutting back won't bring about the end of the studio and would at least raise the level of production.