Thread: Proposal NicoNicoDouga Video embed
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-10, 16:04   Link #19
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The player control works and (presumably) Japanese characters scroll across the video...
I'm not 100% sure but I think that will be something to do with Nico Nico limiting access to the video for some reason (possibly traffic, peak hour use by non-registered user, etc.) or simply a problem with the compatibility of their player.

Basically if the YouTube version works, there is nothing wrong with the BB code tag I created (and thus anything in my control to fix). If the video controls display and you can press play, then the video script created by Nico Nico is working, and thus it is that specific content or your link to their site that is at fault. If the controls don't appear, then it is a problem with their video script/player. As mentioned previously that could be due to a flash version check and upgrade attempt presumably performed by the player but being blocked by browser's security.

Bottom line: if the button (icon and text in the top left) functions, anything else is likely to be beyond my control.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote