View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 13:02   Link #19
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Playing Black Mesa feels like meeting an old friend, only to realize that while you still like them, and that they're now easier on the eyes, they now gained a few questionable quirks through the years along with seeing some of their frustrating qualities as they truly are. Stuff like crouch-jumping are as painful as I remember them, and certain puzzles became hair-pulling because of them (that laser mine criss-crossing labyrinth). Some puzzles also got changed along the way inspired by Half-Life 2, but without the subtle tutorial to teach you that said puzzles exist, unlike how Portal or HL2 does it, leading to some situations where my nostalgia-based solution clashed with what I was supposed to do.
I got wiped out by some of the new sentry choke points, whereas in the original, you could jump over them without tripping anything. The room with the boxes also became significantly harder. That said, I'm basing my comparison from what I've experienced and the walkthrough videos I've seen on YouTube of the original. Insofar, I find the game to be most enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, this scene made me go when I first encountered it:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I think that's one weapon I don't want to ever find or fire. I'll stick to the more conventional weapons, thank you very much