View Single Post
Old 2013-04-29, 09:52   Link #32182
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
Also as an aside, I think that the goat blog is a bit harsh on kyrie. At some point they mentioned how she told Rosa that you can't pick which kind of child is born "with a pained look on her face". They interpreted this to mean that she hates Ange, meanwhile I see it retrospectively as a woman reflecting on having a stillbirth (while her romantic rival also snagged her man). Without love hey?
We noticed the same thing. I think they try very hard to read meaning into everything, but this one is especially bizarre because the only evidence we have ever for Kyrie not loving Ange is the things she says to Eva about her, and it's blatantly obvious what she's doing in that scene.

If anything, it's entirely obvious that Kyrie must love Ange, because Ange is the anchor that finally won Rudolf once and for all. Just because Asumu died doesn't necessarily mean Rudolf would've married Kyrie. But with Ange on the way, he pretty much had no choice. I can't imagine why she would resent Ange for that... nor does the text in any way suggest it.

Also... Ange was sick. Maybe Kyrie was just upset about Ange being so sickly? Ange does mention she was like that as a kid. Kyrie might've just been thinking about Ange, stuck at home with her father looking after her, worrying about her. You know, like a mother would. Thinking about her stillbirth would also explain her situation. How you get from that to "doesn't love Ange" is pretty crazy.

Basically, take their analysis very carefully and draw your own conclusions. The blog is very Yasu-centric, very apologetic of his/her behavior, and a bit rough on people who honestly could not have known better. It also seems to randomly dole out responsibility on people for things that they might not have even done or suggest "hints" at their mental state which are not terribly well-supported. This is a good example of it.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote