Thread: Licensed Übel Blatt
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-08, 14:40   Link #279
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokolores View Post
W00t? I think you've been reading a different manga. Or your definition of innocents includes unscrupelous henchmen who enjoy wanton murder.
It doesn't, but it does include soldiers who do their best to protect their country and its inhabitants with discipline and professionalism. Koinzell has repeatedly praised Glen's men as people he'd have been proud to serve with. The same with most soldiers he's met, except when they were thugs, like Barestar's invading army. But while he's spared those good people when he could, in the end he dropped a ship on them to get at Glen.

Quote:
Koinzell hasn't killed any innocents so far except for a couple of mercy killings like with Ato's brother and those elf chicks that got experimented on. If you read properly you should notice that so far he has always refrained from killing those misguided ones who are merely loyal to the wrong person.
When it didn't get in the way of his vengeance, yes. But that ended when he dropped a ship on just that sort of people.

Quote:
He feels guilty because he's upsetting the realm he fought for and the emperor he believes in and that killing the seven while just will inevitably lead to suffering. So far there are no innocnets on his conscience.
Except the aforementioned soldiers.

Quote:
Crashing that ship into the army was good strategy. And ANYONE who would join the army and pick up a sword I would not classify as innocent.
That'd be highly hypocritical of him. Asheritt joined an army too - does that make him guilty? Does that make what happened to him ok? Of course not. He was murdered, just as he murdered those soldiers whose only crime was to be in the way and try to do their duty - just as he tried to do his, twenty years ago.

Quote:
They should be ready to fight and die. They are fighting a war ya know? Shit happens.
Go murder a cop or a soldier, and try to explain that to the courts. And it's not a war - it's one guy who's decided to kill 7 famous officials of the country he's in.

Quote:
Now the citizens of the town that were attacked by soldiers, those were innocents. And Konz protected them (although indirectly) while the army was pillaging.
That doesn't give him the right to murder innocents.

Quote:
And he has avoided killing loyal and good subjects of the Emperor. As someone said above, he didn't kill Rosen and Ifkes.
Yeah, so he hasn't killed any named innocent. Great comfort to all those unnamed widows and orphans he's made.

Bottom line, I'm not saying he's definitely wrong. Something definitely has to be done about the seven "heroes". But his actions are far from being 100% good.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote