Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-02, 12:12   Link #770
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show was a big surprise to me. I ignored it for three episodes, then was encouraged to give it a try: and it is good. Saki with tanks. Except that I find myself enjoying it more than I did that show.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when our heroines carried the fight into the town. But the show had a good way of dealing with the practical problem: by invoking welcome insurance claims. This and the silly idea that you can send out kids in tanks and not have anyone really hurt did seem basically ridiculous, but they are well within the limits of my "willing suspension of disbelief."

The one thing that makes me leery is that the show is a bit of a recruiting tool for the Japanese military. As someone with Chinese connections, any encouragement of Japanese militarism worries me. But that isn't going to stop me watching and enjoying.

I think Fuchigami Mai (Miho), who was highly effective as Maekawa-san in Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, is doing a nice job here, too. More, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yeah, the misandrism behind it is mindboggling. Like men eat puppies with kitten sauce. We are complete monsters who starts total wars for shits, giggles and profit. Thank you writers. Protip to writers: The two world wars were intented as short wars, but eventually went out of hand and eventually became those total wars.
I guess that means men are stupid, too. In fact, I think the whole description is true. The problem is that women, when in power, are not much different. But in any case, this is a bit of a joke by the writers, it seems to me: a necessary little trick in order to make a series aimed at men, and featuring only women.

In the interests of honesty, I am willing to go further and say that I think it is perfectly reasonable for women to think men are louder, grosser, and more violent than women -- since on average, they are. And whether or not women would be as bad as men if they had power, they don't, and men have always used power to fight each other and harm women and children -- for profit and giggles (in that order).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote