Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-02, 13:22   Link #777
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
...If anyone is familiar with Japanese military manga set in WWII... a vast majority of them is about the individual German soldier....
Perhaps that is as close as they can get to glorifying their own exploits in WW2 without being seen to glorify them? Are there any Germans here who can say whether German comics deal directly with German exploits in WW2? I hasten to add that I think both countries, from a military point of view, were admirably effective.

As for recruiting drive, I am not thinking of anything direct, just of making people interested in and comfortable with military affairs. Not that I can blame them: in China, every small newsstand has a couple of magazines about world weaponry.

In any case, I have made a characters/seiyuus page for this show. Not my usual, with pics and info about the seiyuus, since there are so many of them in the show that the page would get so long as to be inconvenient. Just a pic of each character and a link to info about their seiyuu. I find it useful for keeping people straight, too. It's based on the main characters page on the official site.

Our next opponent, the American school, features seiyuu work from Kawasumi Ayako, Ise Mariya and...Hirano Aya!

@Tak -- Love that recruitment video. Would be effective in recruiting women to the navy, perhaps? Lol. To further make my point, that happy, comic approach is what I am talking about, too: making people comfortable with the military.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote