View Single Post
Old 2013-03-07, 13:43   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Shanks has no title.
Shanks is a Yonkou. He is so strong the mere idea that he could ally himself with Whitebeard sent the WG into a tailspin, and his presence stopped an entire war.

Quote:
Mihawk isn't stronger than him and there are plenty of swordsman who don't need a title to prove how strong they are.
It's never been confirmed one way or another that Shanks is a swordsman. Simply using a tool does not mean that you can only use that tool.

And a title doesn't "prove" how strong someone is, but it is definitely bestowed based on reputation and ability (such as the title of Yonkou, or Shichibukai).

Quote:
Mihawk couldn't even damage Vista somebody he never met.
Are you really trying to base an argument on 2 or 3 panels that showcase nothing of real importance?

Quote:
There are plenty of swordsman who Mihawk hasn't met that he wouldn't damage yet be on the same level as him.
Are there unknown people out there as strong as Mihawk (with a sword)? I don't know. But, as I said, Oda placed importance on the title and even the marines admit he is the strongest swordsman. So, he is at least the strongest swordsman amongst all known forces. Whether he is as strong or not compared to unknown forces is, of course, unknown .

Quote:
Blind man is just one of them but he doesn't care about some title.
Thank you for speaking on behalf of the unknown blind man and his one page of interesting ability. I'm sure he appreciates your help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Well, these new admirals don't necessarily have to be exactly as strong as Kizaru, Aokiji, and Akainu. As a matter of fact, I'm expecting them to be slightly weaker than said admiral trio. That being said, presuming that this guy is Fujitora, he doesn't have to be on par with Mihawk to be a formidable enemy, because he can still most likely defeat like 99% of the pirates out there.
Fair point. This would even allow Oda to have Luffy and the current generation defeat Admirals without actually defeating the known most powerful Admirals.