View Single Post
Old 2007-03-26, 14:37   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Hmmm. So much talk about Sasuke being a bad leader because he will lead through fear and won't care for the well-being of his comrades

Not to sound cold, but where was it ever said that you have to care about your followers in order to be a good leader? History has certainly shown that sometimes ruthless individuals can prove to be very effective leaders.

Still I don't think Sasuke will be leading this team with an iron fist. That doesn't fit in with what we've seen about his character so far. However, I can see him giving them a quick dose of killing intent or Sharingan dojustu should they get too far out of line.

What I want to know is how exactly Sasuke is going to entice these guys to follow him. Sure, they might be grateful to Sasuke for freeing them from Oro. But would they be willing to to follow him into a confrontation involving Akatsuki (assuming that's the purpose he's gathering them for), a team of more numerous and perhaps much stronger shinobi for nothing in return? Once Sasuke makes his intention to kill a member of Akatsuki known, how will they react?

Oh yeah, and I definitely see problems arising between Suigetsu and Sasuke. He claimed that threat he made against Sasuke was just a test/joke but I think there was real resentment there. He also made an off comment that he could probably match Sasuke using Zabuza's sword. He also doesn't like Juugo and Karin, those might be hints of betrayal later on.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote