View Single Post
Old 2011-09-10, 20:28   Link #255
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
...I didn't think much of Aoi's performance in Madoka because, to be frank, the script gave her little to do. I thought her work in SHAFT's Dance in the Vampire Bund was a far superior performance because it demanded she voice Mina in a wide variety of settings and emotions. That and her sparkling performance at age sixteen as Kuhouin Murasaki in Kure-nai are my favorites....
Agreed. I thought Yuki's performance as Princess Mina was GREAT. She also had some moments I thought were really great in Gosick as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
...Aoi Yuuki was another person I wanted to include. She's pretty incredible. I completely agree with you here. I found her performance in Madoka to be very good, but like you say, it's a one-note deal. Not too memorable. She was fantastic in both Vampire Bund and Kurenai. The former of which receives a bit more hate than it has warranted, I think. But that's probably a discussion for another thread.

Yuuki's current work as Alice in Ikoku Meiro no Croisse has a lot of flare and liveliness to it as well. She makes an otherwise pretty cookie-cutter character stand out with her performance.
I also really liked her as Ichigo in Yumeiro Patissiere and have recently been enjoying her as Alice in Ikoku Meiro.

In both of the latter roles she seems to have gotten plenty of opportunities to let loose some of her characteristic squeaks and shouts of wrath and surprise that I find I like quite a bit.

She is an "up and coming" voice I find I enjoy almost in every role she is cast in ... almost. I wasn't too thrilled with her roles in Yutori-chan or Madoka either, but as Seiji said, I also think that the roles themselves did not really let her "shine" as much as she has been able to in other ones I enjoyed much more.