Thread: The Witcher 3
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-07, 01:31   Link #83
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Switching between Silver and Regular swords are slow and unintuitive, leave yourself completely exposed when dealing with humans and monsters at the same time. They need to get rid of this gimmick.
Are you serious? You can easily switch the swords just by pressing the left(Steel) and Right(Silver) in the D-Pad if you are playing in a Xbox360 controller. If you are on PC you can just click, 1 and 2. Or you can go to the meditation options and select the sword there where the in-game goes to slow motion. This is not a flaw. This is just you nitpicking.

Quote:
Enemies are stupid easy, you can perma stagger nearly every enemy till they die, just by mashing on the attack button.
Yeah no. You can't perma stagger nearly every enemy because every enemy will just block your attack. If you keep mashing the attack button they will just parry it and some of the enemies nearby will just attack you.

Quote:
Rolling on the ground, OP, you can be invincible just by spamming the rolling, and parrying is useless.
Parrying is not useless. You can maneuver the enemy by parrying then attacking them gives bonus damage. You can't just keep rolling on the ground either because you'll have to attack the enemies too.

Quote:

Magic is completely useless, outside of gimmicky uses to deal with some of the bosses.
No would beat this game without using the signs. You can't beat the game without using Quen because it absorbs any incoming damage to a certain point and most enemies in the game can deal massive damage to you especially in the early levels. Some of the boss can even kill you in 5 or 7 hits. Almost anyone who actually played the game will say that Quen is the most useful sign. Igni deals a good amount of damage to the enemies and you can sometimes one shot them if you upgraded the sign and you have a pretty good stat. Yrden is very useful magic trap for any enemies and can be very helpful for larger enemies such as Trolls, Golems, Bullvore, Draugirs, and Draug. Aard is used to stun and push enemies while you can finish the others off. It can also use to destroy some objects that might have some secrets in it. Now i never used Axii in combat but it can be useful in the dialogue options.

So magic is NOT completely useless. In fact, they are very necessary and an integral part of the combat.

Quote:
Problems with Witcher 2 gameplay:
Using daggers is a pain in the ass, and a waste of time. Having to be locked into place and requiring precise aiming is a waste of time when you have enemies charging at you. Not just daggers but you can go through the entire game without using a single secondary weapon and not feel the need to use any of it.
I'll give you that one. Didn't use seconday weapons either unless i need to destroy a nest or some shit.

Quote:
Going into meditation to drink a potion? you waste like a good minute just by doing that. Talking about pointless.
Wait what? You can drink all the potions you need in just 5 seconds assuming you don't need to craft them. The Potions are also very important because they gives health boost, poision resistance, bleeding resistance and other stuff. So no. They are not pointless.

Quote:
Menus are slow and laggy, I dreaded everytime I had to go into my inventory.

Terrible mapping system, can't tell which direction I'm facing most of the time.
Never had any problem with them. It's just you.

Most of your complaints are simply not true and others are just based on preference such as the one in the map and the inventory. I'm surprised the stealth sections were not listed though. They were pretty terrible.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2014-06-07 at 03:23.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote