View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 10:32   Link #9
marvelB

Looking at the spoiler images, I find it interesting that we still don't see the yeti brothers' faces even when they're finally given a proper introduction. They must have some really freaky mugs on them if that's the case.....

Anyhow, on the subject of the possible Luffy/Law alliance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
For once I really hope that Luffy grows a brain. An alliance with Law is the most beneficial course of action for the two. Not only that but it would be nice to have not just the SH go one-on-one with an emperor's crew but also use their allies. From what we've seen aside from Shanks, emperors tend to have large crews AND from what Law tells us, most pirates in the NW are likely their allies, which further increases their numbers. It would make more sense if the SH beat these large groups with their own large group, rather than another 1 vs many scenario they are sadly so used to by now.

You definitely make a good point and I agree with you (albeit to some extent). Personally, I still feel that Luffy will decline Law's offer, but maybe some of his fellow shipmates can help convince him to accept.

But that being said, I think there's still one thing to consider about this proposition: Whether or not Law can be completely trustworthy. Even if he did save Luffy's life during the war, there's still little to no doubt that he's a very shady character. So how do we know for sure that he wouldn't backstab his potential partner at the very last minute? Frankly, as much sense as it would make for Luffy to team up with other powerful pirates to take down the emperors, partnering with Law of all people seems a little TOO risky......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Unlikely. The body is what craves drugs once addiction kicks in more so than the mind. Meaning once they switch back to their original bodies Chopper, being already used to the drug, will have no problem re-adapting and Franky will have no physical craving for it. Psychologically there might be short term side effects but nothing that can't be brushed off by someone such as Franky. Plus, Franky is a cola addict so he can just go back to his old addiction

Now again you make a sound argument. But I think you're forgetting something: Remember what Oda just revealed in the recent SBS? That's right, Rumble Ball Candy. Even if Franky doesn't get addicted to the morphing drug once he's back in his original body, he might end up gaining a sweet tooth for the candy version of it and will decide to add it as a snack to go along with his soft drinks!