View Single Post
Old 2009-06-26, 19:15   Link #69
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Now here's something different. Everything that you've ever stated in these episodic discussions have been your opinion, and I've always come to respect and understand those opinions (not just yours, but everyone's), whether I agree with them or not. That paragraph right there though, is the silliest and most pointless complaint I've ever heard for this series that wasn't just straight up bashing. The fact that you're trying to justify it logically to just makes it seem like you're picking up any opportunity to dislike this series.

Your lack of feel for the characters is a hit or miss. Yes, the characters in general aren't exactly the deepest characters, I go so far as to call them one-dimensional at times, but you have to admit they Kyoani tried to add more depth there, regardless of how sloppy or superficial it was. It might not have been enough for most of us, but it certainly was present.
Indeed they tried to do things a little differently with this episode which I think I pointed out in my paragraph while also adding that unfortunately the same old problems keep bringing it down for me in the end.

I also admit that that paragraph was more an expression of frustration then anything else with how it seems this series has tried to block me from relating to the characters activities on just about every level now. I shouldn't have let it get the best of me. Oh well, there's just as many irrational statements that go towards trying to objectively lavishing praise on the show, but I will at least admit that I was being subjective with that paragraph.