View Single Post
Old 2012-06-13, 15:08   Link #29147
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
What Bernkastel has anything to do with schroedinger's cat? If there's a witch that should be associated with that is Beatrice not Bernkastel.
Bear in mind that when Bernkastel was first introduced, she took pity on the reader and offered to assist them with her power, implying that she was pulling a Hanyuu.

Quote:
Possibly, but Bernkastel is not a being with many names in Umineko.
You need to assume that she is the same person in Higurashi to claim that she has "many" names, but that's circular logic. You can't assume "A" and then use "A" to support "A".
Except yes, she is. Bernkastel, the Witch of Miracles, the Strongest Witch in the World, The Cruelest Witch In The World, The Witch Who Knows Miracles Do Not Exist...

Generally when you deal with fictional magical entities that treat names as having metaphysical significance or intrique, 'titles' count as much as any other actual address.

ESPECIALLY given how Fair Folk-ish witches in Umineko actually are.

Quote:
ernkastel being a cat is probably related to her personality.
You know how cats plays with their victims until the later are dead/broken (and sometimes still continues to hit them to see if they're really dead). Cats can be cute, but they like other felines tend to be excessively cruel with their "toys". Also this later part might be pure coincidence, but cats don't taste sweets (LD). That could actually explain a lot about a few things...

LD's "sweets" couldn't beat Bernkastel. That could more or less mean that Bern won't be swept away by "emotional scenes". Bern cannot beat Beatrice however, cause you need to appreciate "sweets" in order to solve Umineko (all the without love stuff).

This might be pure coincidence as I said, but it does seem pretty fitting.

To me Bern is our passion for Higurashi that took a new form within Umineko, thus the new Bern.
Very interesting interpretation. I like it.

Quote:
There is something I have been wondering. I keep seeing around the internet that Battler apparently dated guys before. I vaguely remember him saying something like that but I forget if that is what he mean't. What part of the game was that like which arc and chapter? Thank you
Someone released a Joke Screenshot of EP5 with edited text. That was never canon.

Quote:
Also to go along with the actual conversation. I remember Ryukishi07 saying that Bernkastel is a collection of all the abandoned kakeras and I always thought that after everything Bernkastel left Rika and went on to be the Witch of Miracles while Rika continued to live her life. Also what is Frederica. I know she is the girl who appears at the very end of Matsuribayashi and that she is a seperate being that Bernkastel so is she the embodiment of Matsuribayashi-hen like how Bern is all the bad kakeras.
The witch of Higurashi that was part of Rika was called "Frederica Bernkastel", and she was an embodiment of all the abandoned Rikas. Whether Umineko's Bernkastel is the same witch is being debated.