View Single Post
Old 2007-06-08, 16:08   Link #30
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkT View Post
Oh, I see, there's some ffdshow huffyuv-yv12 thingy... I'll look it up... As for now - I prefer to stay with Lagarith... Atleast untill I find articles which would show me why I'd want to switch to huffyuv...
If you're encoding a filterpass to lossless for speed reasons, it makes no sense whatsoever to use Lagarith. Pretty much the only point Lagarith has over huffyuv is better compression, which is nonsense since noone uses lossless for actually storing video for any longer period of time, and if you actually WANTED good compression, there are much better alternatives (FFV1 and H.264 q0 come to mind).

Use ffdshow's YV12 Huffyuv, predict plane. It's very very fast, it compresses pretty good (about 4 GB/ep) and it doesn't require a colorspace conversion like the original Huffyuv. There are some people who prefer Lagarith for compression of RGB32 AFX signs, since you have to upload those to a FTP. But not even there is Lagarith the best alternative; you'd be surprised at how well 7zip compresses 32-bit uncompressed AVI's...
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote