View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 18:55   Link #78
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
His main struggle was to save Mayuri and Kurisu. Him succeeding at that much is perfectly fine with me. But this ending went farther than that. A bit too far, imo. There was not enough feeling of lasting sacrifice, imo. Nobody even seems worse for wear.
Well if you felt the ending was too idealistic that's OK, I was merely presenting a different perspective. I just felt that Okabe fighting against fate, and him triumphing over it in this manner was uplifting for me personally. If he got screwed over in the end in some way, I would have been disappointed.

Quote:
They didn't even show him in a hospital bed.
They skipped a certain amount of time, of which we don't know how much, and we had Mayuri visiting the hospital to discover he must have recovered. I just don't see why you have to assume that he had no recovery time, the common sense thing here would be to believe he spent time in the hospital instead of assuming he spent no time.

Quote:
I would have preferred to have seen the price he paid captured better than what it was in this final episode, imo.
This is where our perspectives differ. A comparable ending for me would be the ending of Higurashi, which was also very idealistic in the end.

Quote:
So much so that he's now "hitting on her", apparently.
What does Mr.Braun's comments have to do with the actual itneraction we were shown on screen? Unless you think that qualifies as hitting on someone...

Quote:
Arguably, it shows an inconsistency in his character. He goes from almost brutalizing her a few episodes ago to this?
We were shown in a previous episode them interacting afterwards in a kinder way. They sat and talked on that bench, she came to understand her sorrow, she apologized to Okabe when she got shot, and Okabe forgave her.

She always felt she had no place anywhere, and that is what led to her being brainwashed by FB, Braun. Okabe is now offering her a place after coming to terms with their relationship previously.

That's just the way I see it though.