Thread: Tokyopop
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-09, 21:43   Link #92
Alcy
Left! Right! Seven! Cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Really, things are moving in generally the correct direction. Prices are falling, which is a good thing (they're still too high, but they were way higher), flipped manga is virtually never made anymore, and some companies are beginning to respect the art form as much as it deserves. And the driving force behind the changes was actually TokyoPop. Back when Viz was the only name in manga, they would have laughed in your face if you asked them to stop flipping the pages and changing the character's names to what they knew we wanted them to be from the beginning ( ). Then TP came along and released faster and cheaper, and Viz had to change it's strategy, but then people started to look more closely at TP and we realized they have just as much faults as what they replaced, only they're the kind that eat at you over time rather than jump at you from the page. And now ADV's come along... there release schedule is... bad, but the rest is what I would do if I was in charge.
I haven't seen any manga by ADV yet. What titles have they picked up? Do they have a site?