Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 10:59   Link #1223
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
pretty much this. . .

Ive actually dropped the show myself, it's just . . .BORING!

if the anime creators stopped messing with shit, and stayed faithful to the sources materials it would be awesome.
It has been staying faithful to it source materials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As few has already pointed out in the thread, the biggest thing that affecting this series adversely is the length of the show. This episode could easily have been stretched to 3-4 well paced episodes. I sure could have used more exposition about the hero to sell me on the idea that he is not a dummy by any stretch of the imagination. This series isn't horrible or anything, but it could have been so much better. It's a shame really.
Maybe but I can't lay the blame soley on the anime as a big part of the anime's paceing problem is it is paced that way in the novel, mostly because everything is dialouge. The other problem is that I don't think that even it they restored everything they cut they would have more then 2 ep worth of material so they would either have to do a lot to pad to get the 12 eps to cover one book, do what they are doing now to cover the first 2 books, or cover 3 with a 24 ep season(best option but then we run into the same problem if they finish the series as you now have only 2 books to cover)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote