View Single Post
Old 2014-06-30, 16:27   Link #1
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Being scolded at by parents

Decided to make this thread to share my experience by my folks over time. This usually happens when I make a mistake, such as not making the appointment with them recently while traveling abroad because I forgot to turn off airplane mode to use my phone (That's from fear that I may be charged extra when I use it overseas, but that's for another topic since my dad told me the hard way that I was wrong).

However, I sometimes get the brunt of it when my folks usually tell me that I'm nuts when I read certain things or do certain things that seem unusual for them. I don't know if this is crossing the line to things that I usually do in my free time.

Now I'm the youngest in the bunch and from being on the receiving end, I feel upset to the point that I don't feel special since my older brothers are usually better than me in certain areas such as knowing what to do. This also includes me being really nice and polite, so I usually don't talk back unless it really really bothers me. I had to leave college as I was trying to get a better grade, so they tend to use this as well.

I'm not sure on how I can handle this, aside from not doing the mistake again. I understand that they care about me, but some angry comments they make sometimes just pushes it when they get too personal.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote