View Single Post
Old 2021-03-31, 03:46   Link #1673
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm still only on Volume 14 Chapter 3.

I think I'll need some help understanding what happened with Apocalypse.

I get that when Ouroboros fused Apocalypse into the world when recreating it, she separated its power from it so that the world could take it to use as Neun's authority. And that pieces of Apocalypse are now inside of all humans on Earth in the story, acting as the source for the light of Neun's authority, named after the higher being that got corroded by End Matter and became Apocalypse: Shamash.

But what I don't get is how Apocalypse gives humans the ability to provide the light source for Neun's authority. Could someone help me understand this part? If I understand correctly, they have to say the same name that Yuu and the girls say and Yuu's authority will draw from the Apocalypse factor to bring out the power.

And humans should already have had language and the ability to give names to things before Apocalypse descended to Gaia, right? Apocalypse being mixed into the world only made it so they could provide the source for the light of Neun's authority when they say the name of something?

I have another question too (unrelated to the above): How did Yuu get his dragon mark, again? Was this explained? I'm forgetting if it was already mentioned somewhere in Volumes 1 through 6 (I started rereading from Volume 7 after all. I might read 1 through 6 later, though).

@darkofficer: Yeah, I think you're right. Even if only Iris is married to him so far, I don't think Firll and the others will give up. I think Bakapervert's right. Will have to get to the end of Volume 15 first, though.

What's in Volume EX? Is it an after story or is it side stories that took place in the middle of the plot?