View Single Post
Old 2009-10-25, 06:45   Link #66
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Yea you are somewhat right about the analogies with the mid-east and the rain country.
We could have a nice discussion about the analogies but since this is an anime-only topic we can't discuss further analogies without possibly breaking the no-spoilers rule.

As for the 3 big world forces: the western is led by USA, the eastern is still there, it was led by USSR but now we have both china and russia, and also there's the islamic world as a 3rd big force, since they are also the cause of many troubles in the middle east.

The 3 big religions: they all come from the original religion that did believe in one and only god. Such a religion is very agressive when compared to other religions that exist now or that existed previously (japanese shinto with many gods, greek and roman with many gods, other eastern religions). It is agressive because it says there's only one absolute power and anything else is a false belief, so it cannot coexist peacefully with other religions. This is it's primary strength and also primary weakness. The muslims and chiristians had a very bloody history, not only between the two but also inside the religion. Christians were mass murdering each other some centuries ago, just like muslims are killing each other right now in Iraq and other countries, this seems to be a side effect of such strong religions. As i said in my previous post i think that this extremism of religions coming from the middle east is probably very interesting to the japanese, since they don't have such a religion, and i guess the medieval hype music of Pain is based on this idea of an absolute god.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote