View Single Post
Old 2006-08-12, 20:18   Link #32
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

It seems that I always end up watching the animes after they've long aired and are things of the past. I've been lurking around these forums for a while now and despite the fact I've been spoiled endlessly for weeks, I've only finished watching Fate/Stay Night today.

Now lets keep in mind I didn't play the game. But overall, it was a pretty decent, maybe above average anime. The story started slow at first... so naturally, it was rushed towards the end. Still they were able to squeeze in enough air time for most characters and servants (the sad exceptions being sakura and lancer... truly the underdeveloped duo of the show).
The battle scenes were great, at least most of them. Excellent animation there, and the music that played along with some was divine. But there were also some poorly animated episodes... guess it can't be perfect.

As most anime I watch, Fate/Stay night's ending was bad. Not in the sense character's ended up badly, but rather that the last episode was lame. Saber vs Gilgamesh was all about them shouting "Excalibur!!" and "Enuma Elish!!" until the other side gave up. Neither did.. so since they were running out of time, Shirou had to pull another of his already famous stunts to save the day. And thus the day was saved, the bad guys defeated (I never liked Gilgamesh or his master, whatever his name was) and the loli saved. Yay. Then we had the usual "life returns to normal" time before the ending credits... overall pretty disappointing final, but good anime nonetheless.

Though it had one major flaw... there just wasn't enough Sakura.

Thanks for reading =P
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote