View Single Post
Old 2011-11-04, 06:52   Link #6058
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Ahh....

Sometimes I come back here, and wonder if we're all really some alternate universe of Bakuman. XD

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I started out in the deep of CLAMP, and have read everything they've made right up to TRC (after that I lost interest in Kobato...). This story, Mobile Angel Reiya, is mostly Angelic Layer, but there's so many hooks to other CLAMP material I still wonder how did I manage to piece it together like that. This incomplete piece was what I'd consider the epitome of my writing. Everything has gone downhill since.

But now, as I reread that fic, I find that my penchant for being absolutely annal for details has become even worse than before; in the past I drew on other CLAMP manga and the real world for inspiration, now my inspiration comes from frikkin' everywhere, plus I also have people routinely feeding/pruning ideas.

I read my Vandam II fic and somewhere it just doesn't feel like Reiya did. I'm missing some kind of spark, and I can't put my finger on it...
Why do you write stories Meister? If you can answer that then you might be able to find something to help you.