View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 02:43   Link #56
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowai View Post
rowling copied kishi.
uh, harry potter was first published in 1997 while naruto came out in 2000. and i highly doubt rowling has even heard of naruto. not that i'm saying kishi copied hp, but the similarities between oro and voldemort are so glaring, snakes, obsession with immortality, ambitions of world domination, horcruxes. then there's naruto being an orphan but with some pretty important parents like harry. naruto having a powerful master in jiraiya just like harry has dumbledore, naruto having kakashi as a sort of guardian while harry has sirius black. naruto was also part of a trio along with sakura and sasuke, while harry has hermione and ron. naruto being the child of prophecy just like harry. rowling putting a new spin to witches and wizards and kishi with his own version of ninja. the similarities could be coincidental of course, but you can't deny that they do exist.

Quote:
Orochimaru is Voldemort seems like as good an explanation as it gets. Curse seals = Horcruxes.
*nods nods* i think that explains it all! lol