View Single Post
Old 2006-07-22, 18:41   Link #62
Shredder

I'm not anti-popular at all. In fact my anti artsy fartsy mentality is very much in favor of mainstream hits. Which is why I can't appreciate 3 min steaks of watching ppl read books for their artistic value vs their mainstream (or lack thereof) appeal. Let's face it, a lot of ppl didn't like ep1. Heater ep had its moments, mainly toward the end, but overall it too was lacking. If BT activity is dropping for this series, then--as I brought up in this or another nearby thread--apparently this series will not in fact stand the test of time very well.

SR's quite popular and I liked it. I thought the popularity was well founded. This, however, is more popular--sort of the it show that has drawn a large bandwagon. And I think ppl too willingly jump/hang on to that bandwagon. I guess once one immerses and devotes oneself to something so wholly, it's hard retaining objectivity, much less turning back.

LH was popular; SR is popular. They're some of my favs. While I'm not anti-mainstream, I am pro-free thinking. Making judgments on one's own, that is. So I'm not strict about my outlook on this series solely to oppose others. I just don't want to get caught up in a herd mentality, making me extra careful in this territory. It's very akin to stock markets and valuation/overvaluation. If BT is dropping, that to me would not appear to be a good sign. It makes me wonder if and when ppl will start to jump ship. Hell, it could be an academic study for some prof who studies anime.

Last edited by Shredder; 2006-07-22 at 18:55.