View Single Post
Old 2009-06-15, 14:16   Link #84
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

And I bet you're sure that Lelouch's feelings toward weren't mixed with the fact that she was his his loyal soldier, the fact that he was lying to her, and that he had to push her away during ZR.
Hum, excuse me what? Lelouch did care about Shirley, but only seemed to notice her when she was in danger most of the times. Add to that, that he ruined her life.
With Kallen, it is different. They did develop a relationship in R2 especially, with no lies or anything, since she did know his ID.
I am not saying, that Shirley was just a friend to him, but to me, it seemed that he did like Shirley as a girl and loved her as a friend, while with Kallen, probably loved her in both ways. //and do not bet a lot about me btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well Kallen is a main character, so that certainly does leave her with some more prominence and room for development, so of course there's going to be a lot of focus on her. I'm not saying you're wrong, but considering Shirley's secondary character status I think she did all right for herself.
Ah yeah, this is what i said. And i never denied that Shirley's development with Lelouch was quite huge, compared to her secondary-status, it was supposed to be that way anyway.
But, in R2, and add all the materials and stuff, she is {a bit} behind Kallen i believe. Even if you take them statistically, and not about how interpretations are being raised. I mean, see it like this:
Would staff really bomb everyone with "ah, not really-romantic"-stuff about Kallen x Lelouch again and again, if there was not actually something there? Beats the purpose of it.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote