Thread: Licensed Di Gi Charat
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-15, 04:08   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

First off, when you say sequel... Di Gi Charat Nyo is way back in the line when it comes to the sequels of Di Gi Charat. Di Gi Charat's sequel was Di Gi Charat 2000 Summer Special (SS2K). The sequel to that was the Christmas Special, followed by Spring 2001 (hanami), followed by the Summer Vacation Special (Natsuyasumi). And then there was the Di Gi Charat Movie... all of which preceded Nyo. Not to mention Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat, which, um, sux... (this link will back up what I am saying more or less - [/url]
Some shrine I found.

So maybe you have some catchin' up to do. As far as looking stupid, I have to wonder if you look more stupid asking questions about this show - or if I do KNOWING ALL ABOUT IT ^_^;;;;;;;

Anyway, I severely doubt that all this is gonna get licensed - where's the market? Although maybe you missed Pyoko ni Omakase-pyo (I know I did), which sounds promising and is licensed by Synch-Point just like the Di Gi Charat movie is. The Synch-Point licenses were the only examples I ever heard of regarding anyone in America trying to do anything with Di Gi Charat.

As far as the fansubs are concerned, they are long gone - even among anime fans this just wasn't a big-time title, and they were released before BitTorrent was a going concern. Maybe searching on the web for the titles will get you something, there used to be fansubbed tapes out there. Ganbare.

It's nice to hear from someone who likes this series. I really enjoyed it when it first came out, but the returns on each new title have been smaller and smaller...

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-02-02 at 06:03.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote