View Single Post
Old 2004-03-26, 04:02   Link #17
crisk

More info

I got Digital Juice and Uraroji Diamond DVDs in the initial pressing (before they were re-issued). There are some very interesting shorts in Digital Juice, none of them even close to your traditional anime. Also, Uraroji Diamond is a very interactive DVD which takes you inside a Studio-4C-style town with all the weirdness inside, while you scour for episodes (very short, black and white, weird episodes). Great stuff if you know Japanese and like surreal experiences.

About NOISEMAN, it was initially available only with the purchase of a certain Pioneer DVD player in Japan. Years ago I got a raw for that, but held back on subbing it until it would be reissued. Anime-Rakuen -did- sub that same lower-quality raw though, and this is the torrent you may find on the internet today.

NOISEMAN -was- finally re-issued several months ago, to be sold ONLY inside Lawson's, a Japanese supermarket chain. The prices were ridiculously high but there were several online sites that offered to go to Lawson's and buy it for you. As far as I know no DVD containing NOISEMAN has ever had English subtitles.

I suspect my favourite Morimoto work is still the video for Ken Ishii's "EXTRA". Being a techno addict and a Ken Ishii fan, I obviously like the music very much -- but the video itself is superb. I highly recommend it - if you can, try to get a hold of a copy (I think Catsuka's site has a scaled-down version online).

-- crisk
crisk is offline   Reply With Quote