View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 15:47   Link #6986
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well to me the only family issues that were resolve with some kind of deepness were Fate’s. At least on how she did lost her family and her world was destroyed. She just started to consider herself as a human being after the events on A’s, all dealing with the problems she had of being a clone and lost the only mother she ever knew. Not that was really well done and the segment on A’s was way too short for its own good but I think we did get a look on Fate’s conflict and new found resolution of living her own life. But the same can’t be say for the rest.

While the Wolkenritter did form a family with Hayate we never deal with Hayate’s side of the conflict or we never address in a deeper level how the others think of this new status of family. To put it simple the story was really fast there, showing how the Wolkenritter did love their master and this new life but no at much on how they really end fitting on it or how they see the others before A’s and after it. I know some of it was address on the sound stage but they could put something in the anime to help it develop if this was a theme for the series.

And StrikerS has the oddest family of all: the Nakajima. I say odd because I don’t remember Subaru and her father ever talking to each other even when Ginga get kidnapped by the Numbers. For that matter nor do I remember a single moment where Ginga and her father just share a moment as family and no as superior officer and lower rank officer (Nepotism?). Going on the same line I didn’t even notice Regius’ assistant was his daughter until I check it on Google (No seriously, nepotism? I mean first Lindy and Chrono, now this).

I never really fall from the “family” theme being all that important at least not as a clear intention from the author. Again we see little to nothing between Fate and her two kids, Vivio and Nanoha’s relationship was rather fast and Fate’s role on it is still unclear to this day, Teana is never mention as orphan and yet we don’t know anything about her family beyond she had a brother. So all of that tend to keep me away from the “Nanoha is a bout family” idea, I can see why it could be consider but to me is not that big of a deal, is almost as say Nanoha is about amazons because almost all the cast members are women.

And of course all of that leads me back to Force and Isis. On that matter… no, I don’t think her family is going to play an important role, maybe a minor, and unnecessary, add to the already huge cast because if Isis’s family were to be related to the plot then she could be Hardis’s daughter or maybe related to the creators of the AEC weapons. Keeping the line we really don’t get a lot of the Hückebein to see how this group of people hold together, beyond being all Eclipse Drivers, and the lest I say about the Grendel family the better.