View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 17:13   Link #6991
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, the discussions about StrikerS and A’s setting we can take them to their threads and the same about point bring up there. I just wanted to say I still consider most of the family subject to be present but no really well explore or develop to make it a theme. As well as the fact most characters are female isn’t use as an excuse to expand on how women are seeing on the Mid-Childa’s society. Both are common trophies for Nanoha, families and almost an entire female cast, and yet those are more like anecdotic than really themes going for the story, or that is how I see it. Again, let’s not keep the discussion there. By the way the nepotism I made it as a joke, I do consider it weird and I don’t agree but that is far from being a serious problem and is just me nitpicking a little on an otherwise unimportant matter. About extra mangas and Sound Stage I already express why I don’t take them in to consideration so I will not repeat myself.

That being said I don’t agree with Akiyoshi on the Hückebein family. Considering how little we know about them as people and how rather odd their relationship is address, I see no point on making them fitting spots. Not that they can’t fit them is just that I think is a bit force when the material we are given is so little. Yes, strong family presence and yet so little content to work with. The Grendel is a case of… yes, siblings but still nothing really explains their motives or why they stick together and I don’t think I want to learn more. I just don’t like them.

And I can agree on Thoma. He just falls from the sky, creates a continuity problem and they all love him. To me that reads more as “lazy” than anything else on the writing. Why bother to make the character gain love when you can put he already has it?

But the Egret family I really don’t think will play a role. They are fighters, not inventors and it will make all the more pointless the AEC weapons and the Raptors if they are being replaced by the old devices in the middle of the story. They really are trying to make the AEC weapons a thing and sending them away will be not a good move on the story. On that matter it would be better if they didn’t even exist.