View Single Post
Old 2013-09-03, 06:36   Link #484
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron420 View Post
First off Oreimo was awesome, the author took a taboo subject like incest, and disguised it as a poppy kids show(which is not easy). I'm surprised (credit to the writers diversion tactics which fooled a lot of you) he managed to make it all the way through season 2 without being shut down. It's one of the ballsiest series I've ever seen on T.V. That captured a wide international audience, and atleast for me since they are fictional characters (fictional-not real) by the end (and this was the authors intention) you want to see them together. If you watch the series from beginning to end you can see their relationship escalate to a fever pitch.

Once again - Megatron420!
I agree with you completely. He couldn't write it clearly because of restrictions, so he thought if I can't write it clearly let me write it like a incest plot but disguised as a kiddy show. At first glance you would say: why rejecting all the girls and go back to being sibling, are you trolling the audience? (kuroneko being hurt, a fight with Manami etc). Do you really believe they went through all that trouble for the purpose of reconciling again? And what the f... has siblings reconciling to do with romance (wedding, dating, kiss etc.?).

After watching it again and paying attention to their behavior, words etc, you would understand no, the ending is not like that at all.

Looking back at the first season 1 in 2010 (didn't read the novel at that time). Kirino got my attention in the first episode. I thought at that this time, this girl has something to hide for sure. Because the way she asked Kyousuke about her imouto eroge fetish. She didn't ask it in the point of view of society but she was on interested in his opinion. She asked it again and again. It really was suspicious. After she made sure he had nothing against it, life counseling started.