View Single Post
Old 2013-09-05, 06:05   Link #495
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
That's also my view. I was never really bothered by the siblings' aspect of Oreimo, though I am absolutely against incest. If a movie or anime is not claiming indirectly or directly to be an exact representation of a realistic / historical setting I won't really judge it through a "3D-lens". Furthermore, what I find a little bit of funny is the different attitudes of people while judging fiction. You have boatloads of fiction about violence, murder, war, killing, yet most people are not grossed out by that or have morale questions about the plot (I mean James Bond for example not only kills loads of people, but he sleeps with like multiple women in every film ). In contrast, show something like incest and suddenly many people are like "Whoa, that's gross!".
That's an interesting point of discussion. In my case, I don't see anything wrong with incest, even in real life. While my personal take on my relatives is similar to most people, as in I have no interest and would even think it's gross, I'm aware that others are different, so I don't expand my personal take on the rest of society.
So with that mind set then I obviously wouldn't see it as wrong in fiction too (although I do understand the whole idea that some things we are okay within fiction we think shouldn't happen in reality).