View Single Post
Old 2008-10-18, 08:27   Link #405
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by H23 View Post
can I request a thread to discuss WHY akatsuki needed three years before they could "start making their move"? I don't think they ever explained in the anime why... or maybe I just forgot. If it isn't discussed in the anime, I think it would be a fairly reasonable topic to bring ideas and theories in
I think you can use one of the dozen thread about Akatsuki for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Post the opening post here and I will make an all purpose thread about this character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Would it be possible to create a thread to discuss smoking in Naruto? With Asuma's death in the anime right now it might be a good time to talk about it - generate a lot of debate so to speak. Smoking doesn't nearly have the same stigma in Japan as it does in the West but I still find it a bit interesting that Naruto, a manga clearly geared to an older youth audience, goes to such pains to make it seem "cool" without alluding to any of the negative health side effects that go along with it. Western comics such as Marvel, etc. wrote smoking out of their characters (X-Men's Gambit for instance) so I thought it might be kind of fun to get a debate going on here. Should smoking be in Naruto or not?
Hmm this may be interesting but I'm not sure this is really Naruto related, it's more of a broader issue in manga compared to comics in general. I will think about it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote