View Single Post
Old 2011-04-12, 21:45   Link #57
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoushounenlelouch View Post
Nah, it was constructive.

So, what sorta fanfics would you like to see written? I honestly don't think that Madoka will get a lot of fics overall btw, despite Madoka fandom being larger than usual for a SHAFT anime. I think that SHAFT's weirdness and the magical girl theme in general turns off most people who are into shounen, not to mention the fact that the series is seinen(according to Wikipedia, anyway).
PMMM is one of those series that doesn't lend itself all that well to fanfiction (to get a feel for what I mean, I see Fate/Stay Night as being in a similar boat). By this I mean the story is written in such a way that fanfiction (at least non-one-shot fanfiction) wouldn't work out all that well. I could be proven wrong (and may very well make my own effort to prove myself wrong after the series is done airing), but with two (and after the fic you recommended, possibly 3) notable exceptions, one-shots seem to be the only thing that'll work effectively with this story.

To summarize all of this, I would love to see a non-one-shot that works, but with the aforementioned two/three exceptions I don't have high hopes.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote