View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 06:06   Link #8
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Indeed. Anime getting posted there changes things a bit, and seeing what's happened in games, if Production IG reached it's goal, this might become a more common thing. I think most posters would be interested in an Anime project going on Kickstarter.

I agree that the fundraising shouldn't ever become the central topic, but I don't think a casual link will cause harm.

That said, if we see anime getting posted on Kickstarter, this might bring in a new era of "audience participation" in Anime. That certain users will try to cheerlead for certain projects is a likely possibility. Whether or not this is a good thing I can't say. It might be worth doing an experiment though, lift the rules for a while and see how things proceed.

EDIT: It seems someone has already posted a thread. It seems I started this debate at an interesting time...

For now, I'd say we should post a notice on any threads that crop up about this project that the permissibility of linking to Kickstarter is being discussed here, and to invite their comments.

Also, Daniel E. , it might be a good idea to state Animesuki's case for it's stance on this policy in a matter that isn't replying to my post. That way other users can see both sides of the argument (IE, the reason this policy is in place in the first place). You might have arguments in favour of the current policy that are not addressed by responding to my post.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote