View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 21:16   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Not that I hate Aria it's just I hate the tired scenario these otherwise interesting characters are put in, I'd like to see how a prequel story/ origin spin off story to Hidan No Aria would play out but then again we'll never see that happen will we. But overall I like Aria but tell me one thing, why in the name of Christ is she not the main character in the show that is named after her, I mean she's in the damn title. Ok, ok she is a main character but she mostly takes a back seat. Instead the screen time is mostly selfishly hogged by Kinji. Not that I hate him.
You rarely ever see a female lead Star Protagonist Character (I'm giving this role multiple adjectives so you know I'm referring to the big one) in an action shounen-ish series.

Plus I think it's a given fact by now that name in title not equal to lead star protagonist character all the time, even less would they be in the series all the time. Otherwise... Look at what's happening to the Nanoha series- because people just can't get over her name in the title, they restrict themselves in the story- being forced to never stray far from her.

If you restrict yourself to a damn title, you're story is not going to get very big because you're focusing only on one character.