View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 07:50   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal [Anticipation]

(I can't believe I'm the one making this thread)

ANN report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Publisher Kodansha and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime series is aimed for release next summer, and the idol group Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.

Kodansha and Takeuchi made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga. Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

Update: More background information added. Although Kotono Mitsuishi and Tohru Furuya, the voices of Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino and Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba in the first Sailor Moon anime, were present at the live event, the event did not specify that they will reprise their roles in the new series.
I'm not actually a fan of the series, but for some reason my nostalgia tendencies made me home on this news.

MOD EDIT: AND it's been delayed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime-delayed

Quote:
Fumio Osano, the Sailor Moon manga's Kodansha editor who is known by his nickname "Osabu," confirmed in response to a question on his Twitter account that the new Sailor Moon anime has been delayed. The anime was previously announced as debuting this summer.

Osabu has not yet given further details, but a more formal announcement is expected soon. When asked if the anime would broadcast in winter 2014, he responded, "Not 2014. Perhaps."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-04-27 at 07:31.