View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 13:07   Link #2736
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, the last week has killed any interested I had in regularly using Janna, Taric, Soraka, Lulu and Leona. Janna's negation I like but that gradually becomes less effective and she just doesn't seem to be a contributor damage-wise in close team battles, which I can't abide by. Soraka may have big heals but they're not that hard to out-brute and that CD on Q is far too long. Taric and Leona - sure they're good IF your team backs you up after you act on what they start...IF. I can do the combos but if they just abandon you or go after the wrong target, it's utterly hellish. I'd love to be able to do Lux support...but I somehow don't see it being viable enough. Lulu...love the negation and CC, but...it doesn't have that much of a teamwide effect, it seems too one-ally focused, which is a bit lacking in team battles. Blitzcrank and Alistair are automatic bans, so no point in even mentioning them.

So my quest to find something else to support with other than Sona continues...sigh. Is there another support not so different from Sona that's capable of the CC, damage to make just enough difference in a close team battle and maybe a bit of healing? Preferably one that doesn't require you to put your balls in the hands of your team members? Or maybe Riot could finally fix Karma...

On the bright side, even if those other champs don't do it for me, at least I can still rely on Sona to give me fun times. (Yes, this was from a draft match, not blind pick.)

Spoiler for Support carry ftw!:

Opposition team couldn't help but laugh when they surrendered. My team was in shock - admittedly I was too, because that scoreboard was utterly absurd in terms of gold and the fact neither AD carry ever had a kill or death. *shrug* But it's stuff like that which Sona can do that I just can't find a second support to be in that vein. Something that fulfills the support role, has a crucial CC but allows a bit of aggression that is an essential edge in teamfights.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-09-08 at 13:31.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote