View Single Post
Old 2013-05-15, 07:07   Link #4010
Snuffle
likes cute things

I'm still going through Lovesick Puppies (quite slow I know), I finished Maruna's route a few days ago and I'm currently about half way finished Sofiya's route.

Maruna's route was a very cute story, the second drama event felt too convenient... I mean, what are the chances of that happening for a character with her background? The final drama felt rushed but I'm glad it was since it tried too hard to be a tear jerker, which to me, was out of character for the tone of the story. I realize that final event was required due to how the characters meet Maruna, but I find the story would've been perfectly fine if how they met Maruna was changed and kept the light hearted tone up until the end.

Sofiya's story seems pretty simple so far, genki all over the place, at least it keeps me entertained.

BTW, I don't really feel the love sickness in this game, the title seems to be exaggerated for the level of love content. Well, maybe that's just me expecting the game will have a bunch of girls desperate to fall in love and be all cute. And when I think of puppies within the title, I think of cute puppy dog eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
The game had such a nice buildup and the climax was good but the endings didn't resolve much and were lacking because it was either vague (sana) or left many things unanswered. Another problem was that the 4 routes were roughly 80% the same.
Spoiler for sana:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
This is exactly my point, where was my wincest pure love?!!
I didn't start Shoujo Shin'iki yet, and I'm hearing many negative comments about it. It doesn't bother me, but I'm wondering, is the game really worth playing? I don't mind putting a delay on playing it, but there's something I'd like to know. I don't mind minor spoilers, I've already seen all the CGs of the game.

Should I take those above quotes are implying that Sana is not a brocon? That would be a little let down, but it really depends how her character is played out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Finished the Gaku-Ou series that include both the PC games and the PSP ver. The game itself was quite enjoyable from beginning to end with a light-hearted and fun story paired with equally fun and rather unique characters, between themselves at least.

The common route was the best part of the game for me mainly because how it brought together all the characters as they struggle to clear all the trials the Eleven Masters put them through. Yep, I surely love those friendship, hard work and hot-blooded themes.

Proper routes focused mostly on romance and comedy with a bit of drama to spice things up a bit. The quality of the routes varies quite a bit with Hinayu's being the weakest; it felt disjointed and it never resolved (or explained) a rather important (or so it seemed) part of the it's plot. Uduki's and Annemarie's route were pretty nice overall, but since their focus were their respective heroine so the main plot of the game was completely forgotten which bring us to Akari's route which was easily the best; her route is directly linked to the main plot so it resolves it entirely. It also inherits those themes that made the common route so enjoyable, adding romance and ichaicha to the mix. It may be a bit biased since Akari is no doubt my fav. heroine, she's just too lovely.

The fandisc had short stories for all the girls and extra events you can unlock by changing the date of your clock to the heroines's birthday or christmas eve. As for the PSP ver. besides the route for the protagonist's little sister Sorano, it doesn't add much new material for the four original heroines which was a bit disappointing. Sorano's route was pretty good as it developed on her's and the main character's background as the princess and prince of their home planet.

So, after all that I'll say check it out if you are interested.
This is actually on my list of things to play, I think I'll move it up on my backlog since your review was helpful to me, thanks. It's nice to know that there's a decent amount of comedy in this, I wasn't really sure what to expect since 99% of the time I don't read the synopsis.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote