View Single Post
Old 2012-01-20, 04:13   Link #2527
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Hre's a simple test. Did you get the company owning the property asking you to create a story about the characters? If so, your work is not fanfiction. Likewise, did the company pay you upon receipt of your story? Then it's also not fanfiction.

If the company didn't ask you and you didn't get paid, then it's fanfiction.
And like I said, if magnuskn was referring to Watashi no Kare wa Pilot - my actual fanfic - then that comment he made would've been just; but it wasn't, and therefore there was no reason to include me as a way to make an argument.

You know what would stop arguments? Don't use me as a reason to start them.

To the second half, I was referring to "how can you say a character's future development is fanfiction when it has never been seen?" I love when we discuss about what will happen in the future between the characters but don't take into account that unless we see that future development, that counts as "fanfiction." Unless it happened in the series/movies/novel/manga, then it is all fair game because there never was proof of their changes.

There is one simple fact: asking the question "what will happen in the future" and then giving out what you think or assume will happen in the future is "fanfiction" no matter what.

And so, when I say that my fanfic goes beyond the series' ending of their character growth, it's fair game. In all honesty, you could create a completely original character with their same personality just don't use their names and publish it. Only the names are copyrighted if you read that.

By the way, most people don't get paid even for original works. And most of the best books were not hosted by a company.

Can we stop talking about this in this topic? If you still want to talk about this, we should move it to the fanfiction thread because it's really off-topic.