View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 22:15   Link #93
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I mean, I think it makes more sense to just animate the danmaku and what have you. Slice of life where nothing really happens other than the girls go mildly wild on each other? Blah. I'm no Touhou fan, but I'd rather play the game.
Your statement about not being a Touhou fan betrays your opinion right there, since if you were, you'd realize that Touhou is pretty much a slice-of-life setting with occassional bouts of crazy events (at lease one major incident per year matching the game release schedule). Heck, just read Curiosities of Lotus Asia, Inaba of the Earth/Inaba of the Moon, and the Three Michievous Fairies series.

CHADO's works are not a good reference for an adaptation, as they essentially take the 'action' segment of the Touhou games and turn it up full throttle. FLIPFLOPS (or heck, Mizutataki) is a better reading.

Again, it is too much to ask a fully animated danmaku duel (or game, since the Danmaku Duel rules are codified as such) from a fan effort. Even something on the level of IaMP/SWR is going be beyond as small as Maikaze's production.