View Single Post
Old 2010-11-05, 16:36   Link #211
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Lol, what?

Again, lol, what?

The moral of the story is that it is simply not possible to care for everyone equally, and if you try, you end up caring for no-one. Being a hero does not mean sacrificing the lives of those who you love at the first sign of danger, and if you try to live like that, you'll just break.

Rubbish. No logical person would just murder innocent people in cold blood "just in case". Shirou does not have the right to decide that Sakura is 'expendable', and nor does Rin. She has as much right to life as everyone else, and she has as much right to be saved as everyone else.

I don't think they would have sacrificed Sakura, actually. Shirou's ideal is to save everyone, and that means not murdering innocents at the first sign that they might be dangerous. Plus, Shirou in Fate spares Ilya and Shinji, both of whom are potentially as dangerous as Sakura was in HF (in Shinji's case, more so, since he had Rider), and who were actually responsible for their actions.

But Shirou did not do that. He attempted to save the whole world, he just wanted to save Sakura too. Plus, saving the

Well, not throughly fucking over Sakura in the only route where she might have a chance to be happy, for a start.

Bull shit. The mood of the route is not "life sucks", it was "if you fight hard enough, you can earn your happy ending". The route does have darkness in it, but the point is that, by helping and saving Sakura, Shirou also saves himself. The Normal end doesn't have that.

What, that you shouldn't murder the person you love in cold blood "just in case"? I think that's a pretty good message to apply to real life, actually....
I'm sorry but your just being naive. Your trying to paint it that Shirou was trying to save everyone including Sakura which is absolutely false. If that was what he was trying to do he would have followed Archer's advice of continuing to try to save Sakura but absolutely making sure that Sakura did not kill anyone and that if she did he would be the person that died closely followed by Sakura. Shirou didn't even attempt to do this, even after he found out she was the cause of the hundreds of deaths in the town. He knew she had killed and knew that there was a very high chance that she would kill again plus her mere existence risked apocalypse. He chose Sakura over the lives of everyone it's as simple as that. He made it more than obvious that he would NEVER give up on Sakura regardless of the consequences hence why he would keep on chasing even if he knew it was impossible.

Anyway rofl at the "earn your happy ending". Shirou did nothing that actually earned his happy ending, Ilya made the sacrifice, he had very little impact over the whole event. She essentially bailed his ass out after he had sacrificed his life and the lives of hundreds of others to save someone that would end up spending the rest of their life waiting for his return. If Shirou wanted to save everyone that was close to him he wouldn't of let Ilya do it but no he placed happiness with sakura over even her life. Why was he willing to kill himself for Sakura but not Ilya?

I'll end it with this, let me ask you would you be willing to sacrifice your life and those of almost everyone around you for the one you love. I'm not talking about simply being unable to kill Sakura and talking about litterally killing yourself rapidly losing your mind in an attempt to save her as well as allowing her to continue killing hundreds. No tell me would you honestly do that? That is what I meant by no logical person would choose that path.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote