View Single Post
Old 2013-01-31, 14:00   Link #66
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I can't find a reaction like that in the manga,but again I'm not really debating his strength again,he just doesn't look like the character to be on equal footing with an emperor.I mean so far he went down easily in every one of his fights.Even if you get lazy you can't get that bad over the years.And it seems like he doesn't even posses Haki.

Rayleigh is a nice example of that,despite of so many years just drinking and having a blast,he could still stand his ground against an Admiral,especially with such a troublesome ability such as Kizaru's.
Hmm, I guess so. I'll re-read the Thriller bark arc and get back to you if I find it again. Then again, Rayleigh was the first mate of the crew that conquered the grand line so I'm not so sure we can use him as an example of "aging well"(strength-wise). Since let's face it, back in his prime only people at Roger's level could even scratch him, let alone beat him and even if he aged poorly he'd still be around admiral level.As far as I can remember, the only people that seem to have aged as well as Rayleigh are Garp & Sengoku. Maybe Kong too but we haven't seen him fight, much or if at all. Or maybe I'm over-estimating him(Rayleigh).

I really want to see a chapter/episode/movie when we get to see Roger & Rayleigh in their primes fighting the Yonkou of their time. I have sometimes wondered who were the people in the position of Yonkou before Big-mam and Kaido and the like. Since as we've seen, they can be replaced at any point in time(assuming there are people strong enough, brave, ballsy and/or stubborn/smart enough to beat them in existence). So maybe Kaido beat a predecessor and usurped his/her throne, so to speak.

Last edited by Libros; 2013-01-31 at 14:32.