View Single Post
Old 2013-04-24, 16:31   Link #580
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I wouldn't be that harsh. I think the game is in general average.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mediocre?s=t

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
me·di·o·cre
[mee-dee-oh-ker] Show IPA

adjective
of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate: The car gets only mediocre mileage, but it's fun to drive
"Mediocre" does have a more negative connotation than "average", but that's what I was going for.

"Eh... it's okay, but not really that good."

Quote:
While the story isn't exactly developed , some of the backstory was only explained outside the game (such as why the A-Class Aliens are not a lot) and a crucial plot point is just hinted at, I find leagues better than the animated version.
Needing outside material to understand the story means the story itself isn't very strong on its own.

And I agree it's better than the anime, but that's not saying much at all

Quote:
Gameplay wise it's decent, but can get repetitive, though I found the boss battles a bit more hectic than the normal ones.
My problem with it was that the battle system is very middling. Some of the skills are essentially turn-based with their cutscene cinematics (see the Blade series and Charge Shot series), but it doesn't have any of the strategy or complexity of a true turn-based RPG like Pokémon or Shin Megami Tensei.
While there is movement, it's very awkward and restricted, so it doesn't hold a candle to any real hack and slash, beatemup, or action game.

The main reason why I played through with it to the end was because I like BRS. If this were a different franchise, or a completely different game with a set of unrecognizable characters, I'm not sure I would give it the time of day.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote