View Single Post
Old 2006-05-31, 05:53   Link #124
rogueblade

I thought it was more of an overview of all the events that had happened in the series, rather than a proper ending. I don't think it can stand alone as a proper "ending" as such - seeing as there was bugger all closure - the revelation (well, not really, seeing as we found it out in the last episode), that Haruhi has feelings for Kyon, the hint that Yuki also does, and that Mikuru-chan...um...yeah. We always knew she liked Kyon, so there was nil closure for her at all.
I am really miffed about this episode - i appreciate that Kyotoani tried to give us a slice of life of normality, to juxtapose next to the series' wonderfully wacky events, but come on, couldn't they do that as a filler episode in the middle of the series?
I'm going to give it a 7, because although i am dissapointed with it, it's still pretty funny in placesand the end scenes did make up for some of the more ..... pedestrian bits.
This needs a second series though. They can't leave it at this, they need to give some closure!