View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 18:44   Link #2045
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
You certainly misunderstand the situation. Sakura has never gone insane. She became warped due to AM's influence and the mental strain. Also she had Zouken controlling her until the last day when she "killed" him. She wasn't beyond saving as the story proves and Shirou felt that. Also you know...Shirou is shirou: Impossible just means he has to give his all to accomplish it or so he believes.
And indeed saving her is the more viable option as purely defeating her is pretty much impossible.For example even with the Zelretch Sword's infinite supply Rin actually was up to a defeat. She could just barely match Sakura and needed to blow up the Zelretch sword to gain a short advantage...which would've ultimately ended up in Saber Alter massacring her. Sakura could've called Dark Saber any minute and before Rin could've landed the finishing strike she appears and ends the battle. That's what happened in the last bad end. Interestingly at that certain end Shirou too thought that Sakura has gone too far. So I guess he still felt something in Sakura which proved she can be still saved. He saw a light from which Rin somehow deliberately averted her eyes. Also to add Rin realized in the end that she's the same as Shirou and can't kill Sakura. So I don't see what Shirou believed as unreasonable. The situation was clearly desperate but not totally.

And in the end I must add that by the time we got to that second confrontation Shirou has already decided to use everything he can for Sakura. He had no other way.
Sakura was beyond reasoning with or talking things out. It certainly wasn't her fault but I would still classify that as insanity. The story somewhat convienently wraps this up by just doing the time skip but Shirou is very lucky there wasn't alot more serious side effects.

At the battle in the cave, killing her at that point wouldn't have accomplished anything as Avenger was pretty much done anyway. Rin realized she couldn't kill her own sister so that is a different situation altogether. Sakura of course repaid that by almost killing Rin.

I do find it interesting that Shirou was being somewhat hypocritical as Kotomine points out that Shirou is passing judgment on future actions in regards to Avenger something he didn't do with Sakura.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote