View Single Post
Old 2010-07-16, 07:53   Link #3084
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniesk View Post
I think there is a flashback told by Shannon in which she said she were in middle school. Anyway i don't think they live on the island. After all the other "-on" servants are not there in october 4-5. It is possible they still live in fukuin house, and they probably attended school there, while in their "free time" they work as servants in the Ushiromiya's mansion.
I don't think any kind of school can provide for a 3-day work schedule which can have abrupt changes. But assuming one does, there is nothing at all to stop the hypothetical Sayo-who-loves-Battler from stalking him on her days off, locating him is trivial, and this evidently happened to George. So why didn't it happen to Battler?

Also, the narration rather explicitly says that "graduates" of Fukuin house are hired. High school in Japan (that is, past 16) is not compulsory, by the way... One would assume that after graduation, no kind of orphanage would have anything to do with you.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)