View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 05:29   Link #26
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I think by the time this series ends, we're going to really see Akane rip...
In a way I feel like we already have seen her seams begin to weaken. I've always gotten the impression that Tsunemori has been slowly adopting the path that Kogami took, which forced him down into the ranks of the enforcers. In the beginning she had that unshakable morality, that idea that she wanted to help people and save them. She generally felt bad seeing the criminals die. As the series progressed and the criminals slowly escalated she started to show that regret less and less. While that's a pretty normal progression, the incident with Yuki was that escalation where Tsunemori took up that idea of vengeance exactly like Kogami did. One of the things I've noticed about the Kogami and Tsunemori relationship is that he's been taking her under his wing in a sense, and acting as a teacher. So with all that having been said, I think that Tsunemori has despair left in her, and I suspect that the next encounter she has with our villain will showcase some hidden anger.

Since I just caught up all of the Psycho Pass episodes today, I do want to take the opportunity to talk about how I feel about the Tsunemori character. I really, really, really like her. A lot. I deeply appreciate that she's been designed as a very mold-breaking character. Her struggles, mostly internal, are all very real and make a lot of sense. She has such a believable character, and I do see how her personality (even though I'm not a huge fan of the super-moral compass white knight of justice! character) makes her a fit for her line of work. I also like her personality as a whole. Despite all her underlying strength she has a good balance of emotions. She's very much what I think people would generally envision from an average, every-day girl. That normalcy in itself is really refreshing to see, as I feel like it's far too common that you get the tsundere character, or the geek character, or the noblewoman character. Lastly, I do really like her physical design. I think that they do a great job with making her professional, but providing that girlish contrast in her off time. She's not beautiful, and she's not sexy, she's just very cute. You know what? I like cute in an anime character. I feel like her simply being a normal sort of cute means that her personality gets to sell her, and I like her personality too. More than anything, I like that the main character is a female and that the idea for her seems to have been: "Let's make an average, normal girl."